Monday, April 11, 2011

Soul Friends

We hear talk all the time about "soul mates" , that one person we were intended to be with since the beginning of time. I have thought much lately about what I would like to refer to as "soul friends".
There are people in our lives whom we connect with. It’s hard to pinpoint why at times.
It is assumed the connection is related to “common interests” or “similar likes and dislikes”.
I have come to realize that is not always true. I have learned that we connect with others on many different levels. I have connected with people I have never been in the same room with and developed bonds to last a lifetime or beyond. I have connected with people who I have disagreed with on many key issues. I have connected with some from the moment my eyes met theirs without a word being spoken and knew I had to have that person in my life on some plane.
So, how is this connection identified…
I can only explain it from my own view point
You know when you read their words, hear their voice, or see their face there is something deep within you that speaks to you. The person becomes a drug you cannot resist, no matter how hard you try. They are not necessarily meant to be your lover or spouse. It could be your best buddy or your favorite niece or nephew. It could be the eccentric old man who sits on the same park bench every day. It’s the acknowledgement of something you feel existed before you met them ( possibly before you entered this world) and is destined to continue past the boundaries of this life time. You just know if you met them somewhere in the eternities you would recognize each other immediately by the huge smile on your faces.
I can count the number of these people in my life on one hand.... My number stands at 4. I am thankful for these people. Interaction with them always adds a skip to my walk and a smile to my face.
I encourage each of you to explore who your "soul friends" might be...

No comments:

Post a Comment